Graduates enrolling on RIBA accredited Part 2 courses are usually classed as ‘continuing students’ and remain eligible for student finance, including grants and loans, to support their studies.
Students who started their Part 1 course before 2012 will be subject to maximum tuition fees and therefore fee loans of £3,465 for the Part-2 course, even if they switch to a different institution.
The exceptions to this are if you:
- change your mode of study (i.e. from full-time to part-time)
- move outside of the UK for study
- take more than a 3-academic years break between Parts 1 and 2
Students who started their Part-1 course after 2012 will be subject to maximum tuition fees and therefore fee loans of £9,000 for the Part-2 course, even if they switch to a different institution.
RIBA have more detailed information about funding on their website, including a guide to financial assistance. The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills also provide a detailed guide to how the changes in tuition fees will affect architecture students.
We strongly recommend contacting all of the following to check what support is available to you before applying for a Part 2 programme:
- Your local education authority;
- Student Finance for your area of the UK;
- The institution you are applying to (each university operates differently – try contacting admissions, student finance or the relevant school office for advice);
- Student Finance Services European Team (EU students only).